Independence, lifelong friendships, and true fulfillment
Surroundings define who we are – how we grow, the quality of our lives, and our support systems for success. Communitas offers a variety of community living options ranging from supervised group homes to independent home supports.
Community-centered living, independent experience
Our homes are local to friends and family. Residents enjoy the rewards of engaging with neighbors and being an active member of the community: bonding with housemates, making choices, and meeting personal goals, as a part of everyday life.
On an individual level, everyone has a room which they can decorate in their unique style — pictures, furniture, favorite colors. Shared responsibilities are meal planning, cleaning, and decorating common spaces. It’s a place to call home. A home that provides security and provides the opportunity to spread your wings and reach for the stars!
We have fun
- Exploring and engaging in our communities
- BBQs for friends and family
- Playing sports
- Attending parties, banquets, and dances
- Competing in local tournaments
- Celebrating holidays and special events
Regular activities and programs include:
- My Health Matters: learning healthy recipes, cooking them, and enjoying with friends
- Wednesday night Bowling: Bowl a string or two with your friends, socialize, and then go out to eat after.
- Saturday Night Activities: A night out with friends
Mentors and more
Our staff is here to help. Residents regularly engage in a variety of stimulating, therapeutic activities that build cognitive, physical, and social skills. We teach core life skills and responsibilities, including managing money, health, jobs, and community relationships. People learn how to use public transportation and manage time and appointments.