Looking for a new employment opportunity?
Our Residential Program is holding a Career Fair on Wednesday, August 19th from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., for multiple Direct Support Professional openings. This is your opportunity to begin work that holds value lasting a lifetime. We want to hear from you!
We are hosting a free Residential Career Fair online via Zoom by using your smart phone, home computer or tablet. Please see the description of the Direct Support Professional position below to learn more. For anyone interested in this opportunity, please email our HR Recruiter Cam, or join via the Zoom information provided at the bottom of this page.
The Direct Support Professional is responsible for providing assistance to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This position is responsible for supporting people to be active and inclusive members of their community and fostering continued personal growth.
The pay rate for this position is $15.00 per hour with MAP certification or $13.00 per hour without MAP certification. For this position, schedules are available from 15 to 40 hours per week, as well as relief. Open shifts include day, evening, and overnight schedules; most schedules require at least Saturday or Sunday availability.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide personal care and assistance to the person supported consistent with both their physical needs and defined support plans.
- Creates a congenial and homelike atmosphere within the home.
- Assist in the implementation of the ISP goals and guide the everyday personal and social growth and development of each individual within the program by coaching on appropriate attitudes and behavior for community living.
- Aid individuals in seeking and obtaining adequate community resources and services, when necessary.
- Protect each individual’s right and freedoms and maintain the confidentiality of any information relating to individuals in the residential program.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma is required, a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field is preferred.
- At least one year of experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities is preferred, a passion and dedication to supporting our people is a must.
- A valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and reliable transportation are required.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check including references, CORI and fingerprinting.
- Must be MAP Certified
Benefits and Perks
- Valuable recognition, regular training opportunities and room for personal development and growth abound for motivated and dedicated candidates.
- Communitas, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package that includes three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees, one week of sick time, eleven holidays, employer paid life insurance and long-term disability, medical and dental insurance, and more!
Residential Program Career Fair – Wednesday, August 19th from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Link – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85741620694?pwd=YXk1Ym45YTNxV3hyNU5LVXVwSUFXUT09
Meeting ID: 857 4162 0694
Stay up-to-date on all that is happening at Communitas; be sure to check out our: