Communitas is proud to host a screening of this important movie.
- Tuesday, September 10th
- 60-D Audubon Road, Training Room
- Doors open at 5:30p
- The movie will start at 6p, and it has a 70 minute run-time.
- After the movie, we’ll have a short period for discussion, and then we’ll be done by 7:30 pm.
INTELLIGENT LIVES stars three pioneering young American adults with intellectual disabilities – Micah, Naieer, and Naomie – who challenge perceptions of intelligence as they navigate high school, college, and the workforce. Academy Award-winning actor and narrator Chris Cooper contextualizes the lives of these central characters through the emotional story of his son Jesse, as the film unpacks the shameful and ongoing track record of intelligence testing in the U.S.
INTELLIGENT LIVES is a catalyst to transform the label of intellectual disability from a life sentence of isolation into a life of possibility for the most systematically segregated people in America.
INTELLIGENT LIVES is highly relevant to:
- Parents and other family members
- Schools and colleges
- Young adults (middle school and older)
- Provider-agency staff and stakeholders
- Everyone in the community
The INTELLIGENT LIVES film and the Opening Doors campaign can help our community shift attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors, and advocate for broad-based systems change. Together we can create a world where everyone belongs, anyone can achieve, and each person plays a meaningful role.